Your personality can explain your interaction with the world. But it can also explain your sleeping habits.
• Your genetics determine are you an early bird or a night owl. Maybe you don’t like staying up late or waking up early, but this you cannot change. This depends on your genes and on your internal clock. However, age can affect on it. For example, adolescent have higher chances to be night owls.
• If you think a lot, you will have problems sleeping. Luckily, there are treatments for this problem. The most common reason for over thinking is anxiety and stress. When you solve them, you won’t have problems with your sleep.
• In some cases is better to be an early bird. According to several researches, people who are early birds are happier. But, they are also more persistent. These people are also better rested, because their internal clock isn’t out of 5-9 social clock sync.
• Night owls have higher cognitive capabilities, and they are more creative. According to a study, they are greater risk-factors. According to several experts, night owls shouldn’t be criticized. But, they must have at least 7 hours of sleep. If they have less than that, it isn’t very good.
• Neurotic people have increased stress-reactivity. This means that they are more affected by certain problems. This has been linked with sleeping problems and even insomnia. Researchers found that anxiety is the main problem here.
• Extroverts have better sleep quality. According to a study from 2014, people with higher extroversion, agreeableness and high conscientiousness have better sleep. However, there are many factors that affect on this.